Friday, June 24, 2005

Feeding My Inner Bookworm

If you can't tell from how much fact-checking I do and how many blogs I read, I've always been an avid reader. Unfortunately, I have a little problem: I've finished nearly all of the books on my "list". I'm starved for fresh books of the political, journalistic, and fictional varieties, which is why I'm about to do something a bit unusual for me. I'm going to ask you, my readers, to recommend a book for me to read. It doesn't have to be anything on the current bestseller lists; as long as you enjoyed it, I'll check it out. (In the case of fiction, I've read many of the classics, so please don't pick those.) Post a comment or send me an e-mail if you know of a worthy book.

Also, I've been trying to figure out whether Ed Klein's highly controversial The Truth About Hillary will be an overblown hit piece on Clinton or a well-written book worthy of my time. Klein is not a conservative by any definition of the word and has excellent journalistic credentials, but some of his research looks questionable, and he also told the National Review Online that he didn't vote for Bill back in the day. Is he capable of being objective towards this? For that matter, was he objective towards this? I'm interested in reading out of curiosity, but I'd rather not spend $25 of my hard-earned cash on garbage. If any of you have read the book, I'd love to hear what you thought of it. For that matter, if you can find hard evidence that the contents are based in truth or in fiction, tell me about that too. I've been following Hillary's actions pretty closely lately, and I'd like to know whether or not The Truth is a piece in the larger puzzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home