Wednesday, February 09, 2005

So, What Are You Doing This Weekend?

This may be the funniest book store promotion I've ever seen. The Trover Shop book store in Washington, D.C., is offering a Howard Dean bobblehead to anyone who comes in between tomorrow and Sunday and performs the infamous (but hilarious) Dean Scream. The only caveat is that the screamers are asked to make a $5 donation to the Kristen Ann Carr Fund for sarcoma cancer research. The creator of the bobblehead, John Edgell, also says that he will make a $500 donation out of pocket -- that is, if Howard Dean himself screams at the book store. I have to hand it to Edgell: this is absolutely awesome, and if I weren't currently 5 hours away from Capitol Hill, I would go there to scream my heart out for cancer. That didn't sound right...but you get the point!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home