Tuesday, January 18, 2005

My thoughts on Kos

For anyone coming in through Dr. Hanson's blog, welcome! I've had an extremely busy last few days, but you can expect a fresh update tonight. He included a link to me in an update made today about the Dean blogger controversy. Two bloggers (one of which was DailyKos) were exposed as having been paid consultants for the Dean campaign. It looks like a good time to share with you an e-mail I sent to Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit on the subject. I doubt he ever read it, but who knows?

Here is the e-mail:

Honestly, I'm a little concerned that Kos is in panic mode. He often seems to point fingers at the right when things go wrong, but I didn't expect him to do it on this occasion. He's so concerned about the controversy around himself that he's letting paranoia take over. Glenn, I know Kos claimed that what the Daschle v. Thune bloggers did was fine, but on DailyKos, he asks the Wall Street Journal why the pro-Thune non-disclosure never showed up in the Zephyr article. To me, that sounds like he's pointing a finger at them.

I also find it bizarre that he's trying to link the Armstrong Williams debacle with his current problems. Kos is saying, "Well, look at him; at least I wasn't receiving taxpayer dollars!" Sorry Kos, but these are two very different issues. Either way, you were both paid.

Personally, I don't really think it matters that much that Kos was paid by the Dean campaign; after all, he did disclose it (even if it wasn't the most obvious disclosure I've ever seen). I do, however, have problems with the idea that the blogosphere can be sold. If Kos is reading this, then I'd like him to know something: I'm a right-of-center blogger who has never received a cent for what I post. I supported Bush's campaign out of freedom of choice, not for personal gain. I like for my readers to have access to both sides of an issue, which is why both DailyKos and Instapundit show up in my BlogRoll. For you to imply that bloggers like myself are being paid off is disgraceful. I have my own opinions, and I intend to keep it that way. Believe what you will, but know this:

This blogger is not for sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home