Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The NSVG Gets Nuked

Back in October, I blogged about an obscenely biased mini-paper circulating around colleges entitled the "National Student Voter Guide." I even linked to their website, which was even worse than the original "newspaper." Well, I was going back through some of my old e-mails when I saw the letter I sent to Nathaniel Smith (who, of course, blogs as Lancelot Finn). Since the organization made it seem like they wanted to start doing more things like this, I figured I'd go to the site and see if it still exists.

Are you ready for this? The NSVG, Post-Nuke. No really, there's a link to the blogging tool Post-Nuke on there. It's hard to tell if someone else bought the space or if the people running the site were using Post-Nuke (I don't know much about it, but it looks fairly powerful). Either way, the original site is dead; however, so long as it doesn't give a 404 error, I'll be watching.

((My original post on the NSVG is here.))

UPDATE: Get ready to laugh...I registered to get a homepage on the old NSVG site. I was trying to figure out how to work the system when I somehow broke half of the site. Oh well...

SECOND UPDATE (12/9/04): Good news and bad news on the first update. The good news is, I didn't break the site, so I can't take heat from the admins; plus, the website now has a link to here on it! The bad news is, I seriously screwed up my account, so I'm getting an error every time I try to log in. Needless to say, I can't do anything unless they fix my account or get another one.

The person who registered there before me links to www.drugwaramnesty.com, which is obviously an activist call to release non-violent drug offenders. I'll gladly provide a conservative voice to the NSVG if they want me, but judging from the original site content and the guy (or girl) who already signed up, I don't expect them to come knocking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home