Monday, December 06, 2004

I Openly Plug Another Website in This Post

I found an unusually cool website called Blogthings (www.blogthings.com). I took their blogger type quiz and their political type quiz. The blogger quiz results were flattering:




You Are a Pundit Blogger!



Your blog is smart, insightful, and always a quality read.
Truly appreciated by many, surpassed by only a few
.



That's probably pushing it, but I'm still kind of proud of that result...

I think the political type result is a bit off, though.




You Are a Liberal Republican



When you tell people that you're Republican, they rarely believe you.

That's because you're socially liberal - likely pro-choice and pro-gay rights.

You're also not so afraid of big goverment, as long as it benefits people and not politicians.

You are the most likely of any Republican type to swing over to the Democrat side sometimes.





Umm...problem. I'm completely moderate on abortion (in my opinion, both sides have valid arguments), and I'm not pro-gay rights at all. The latter is not because I'm homophobic, as longtime readers (all two of you...) know. Rather, I have serious problems with how the gay rights issue is handled. I don't like turning on Headline News and seeing multiple gay couples kissing, and I don't like how pro-gay activists are trying to force the underground gay culture into the mainstream. Some would say that makes me anti-gay; I say that homosexuality would be accepted faster if people stopped making a big deal out of it. But I know people won't stop pushing it, and they push me away in turn. I assume the gay-rights portion of my results come from
the first quiz question, which asks for my opinion on whether consensual sex should be regulated. I don't, but if you think that makes me pro-gay rights, you're missing the point entirely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>

<< Home